Thursday, May 20, 2010

#90 You ought to be in pictures- Sharing Photos

Exercises

1.Watch the video for an overview of photo sharing. I watched the video on photo sharing. I watched it twice because she spoke so fast I couldn't understand what she was saying the first round through.

2.If you aren't familiar with any of these sites, browse through the public areas and their features or tours.
Flickr: I went through the guided tour on Flickr.
Photobucket:I toured Photobucket's "about us" section. The photos on the home page didn't look like anything I would want. I clicked on Happy Birthday to found more drawings and cartoons than photos. I couldn't see the slide show information without registering.

Picasa: I watched the video about how the Picasa web album works explaining tagging photos and how it can recognize similar faces-just plan weird. Picasa is part of Google so they had my email already listed.
Facebook: I restarted my Facebook account in order to complete this assignment.


3.What features are important to you when sharing your photos? Are privacy or copyright/creative commons options important to you? Which site do you prefer?
Privacy of my photographs is important. The information connected to the photograph concerns me more. Copyright is only important if I were going to publish the photo or use it for a presentation. Acknowledging the photographer or source is important to remember.

No comments: