Friday, November 16, 2007

Week 9 # 21- Podcasts -smodcasts

1. I looked at the podcast directories- Podcast Alley, Podcast Net and Yahoo.
Podcast Alley- I did a search for Book reviews. One I listened to was "Rachel's Reviews" Rachel sounded like a young adult. Her podcasts gave short reviews and she ended the book description by rating it one to ten bookmarks. Since I had just watched the movie "Holes" and really enjoyed it, I listened to her review. She liked the book and gave it 10 bookmarks. Then she had a friend come on to tell their favorite book. It was the Hobbit.

Podcast Net- I narrowed the search to animals and found two video-podcasts. One was from the Dog Whisperer and the other was from Wildlife Chronicles. They seemed kind of long so I just watched the beginning and cut it off.

Yahoo- I was able to get some searches for book reviews. Most of the searches led me to music for purchasing. The book reviews came up with three - An online news hour with Terrance Smith.

2. I subscribed to "Rachel's Reviews" on my Bloglines account.
3. Did I find anything useful? Not sure but it was fun.

No comments: