Friday, November 2, 2007

Week 8 #18 Social Networking

MySpace
I found two links to HCPL that were interesting in MySpace. One was from "fleaSha" who wrote that she just found downloadable audio books free off the Harris County library website. Her myspace site listed lots of books she read and liked along with a cute bookshelf of cover art from a site called Shelfari. I clicked on it and was taken to fleaSha's Shelfari site which listed more of her book favorites.
Then I found Dale MacNeil's personal website. He included his a entire resume of jobs including Octavia Fields Branch Librarian from 1988 to 1994. He had a flicker global map of places he has lived and would like to visit.
xanga- I looked up Bob Dylan and found some ramblings about Masters of War and Ballad of a Thin Man being as relevant today as when he wrote it. I could have told them that. Sometimes you read something and you know it will be timeless.
Facebook- I found my niece's website or at least her picture. I think her website was blocked to just friends.
I scanned myopera, cats and dogsster..I noticed Grace has used these on her blog.
enuf

No comments: