Friday, September 21, 2007

You go girl!

My learning habits usually involve some self talk. Particularly if it is something foreign to me such as this exercise and learning new technology. The points made in the video about being positive, finding humor, motivating, organizing and giving myself credit are all good. The most important for me is being positive- my self doubt and cynicism can derail me. Once I get started I usually can motivate myself with some good old fashioned positive self talk. If everyone else can do it- so can I. Being able to laugh at myself helps along with my organizing skills which usually consists of making a list. My desk may not be neat but I can figure out priorities and get the job done. I'm not afraid to ask for help so the idea of having labs on Fridays are a comfort.

No comments: